Thursday 27 February 2014

34 Week Bumpdate!

 34 weeks and counting! I feel like time is starting to speed up a little bit now! Its time to start preparing meals to freeze, and having blankets and onesies washed!  
 As I'm typing this I can feel my little girl hiccup! What a strange, but wonderful feeling!


Development

 Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. 

Size

This little girl now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (about the size of a cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long.
I'm still gaining about 1 lb a week, and its crazy to think that my little girl is taking half of that!!
 


Weight Gain

23 lbs and counting! 
 

Symptoms

Still having some trouble moving. I can't walk too fast! A new development has been slight swelling in my feet/ankles. I haven't noticed it too much except when I'm wearing shoes or tighter socks. I'm sure it will get worse before the end!
 

I'm Craving

I still can't think about Jalapeno Cheddar Doritos without my mouth watering just a little. Ben bought a bag over the weekend when our house was full of guests so we would have a snack available. I'm slightly ashamed to say that I probably ate close to half the bag. 
 

I'm Avoiding

Other then BBQ sauce and most meats, I'm going to now try to avoid junk food. Not that I haven't been trying to avoid junk food before. I need to try to reach for a glass of water instead of juice, or an apple instead or chocolate when I have the munchies!
 

Good Things This Week

My husband started a new job on Monday!! So far so good! He's enjoying his work and being challenged to learn more (which is what he was really hoping for!) Hopefully he can get things figured out with his apprenticeship. If he can continue it soon, that'd be great! His job also starts later, so where he used to leave the house at 6:30, he now leaves at 7:30! Which is great for me, since I'm usually wide awake by 6:30, so I have a good hour in the morning to help him with breakfast and talk with him! Its definitely nice to start the day with him!
I've also been able to get out and about alot this week! Alot of things to keep me busy! Which brings me to the next section:
 

Not So Good Things This Week

Since I've been doing alot this week, I'm also feeling quite a bit tired!
 

Looking Forward To

Warmer weather! (Which means not so slippery sidewalks!!) And seeing family this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment